Question

Am I gay, please help.
Hi Im a 17 year old guy and I often feel attracted to other guys. See I get along with girls very well and I dont have any guy friends that Im close to. I never had a girlfriend or boyfriend before. I have seen straight and gay porn before and I enjoy the gay a lot more. I am not shure if I am gay or not but I do know I am not BI because I feel very different about being with a girl and being with a guy. Another thing is being gay is aganist my religion. So I want to know am I gay or is this just a phase.
Teen expert
teen expert

essentially being gay means that you are sexually attracted to someone of the same sex as you. If you are sexually attracted to guys rather than girls - ie you find guys attractive not girls, and you have dreams or sexual fantasies about guys then this is what being gay is. Whilst you may initially feel that your sexuality is in direct opposition to your religion this is something you need to address over time and give some thought to. Many gay people are also religious and their faith is very important to them. You may find that being gay is not against your religion but against what some religious people think or say - there is a big difference.

What is important to remember is that whoever you are does not change your value as a person.

For further info post a question to our gay, lesbian and bisexual expert here at Health24.