Question

Am I responsible enough as a parent??
I'm a young [25yrs] single mother of a 4yr old son, I broke up with his father and have been seeing someone else [who's 28yrs] for about 10 months. The thing is I live in batchelor flat with my son and we sleep on the same bed and my boyfriend is always with me (and we can't keep our hands off each other) About 3-4 times a week he sleeps over (we share the same bed although we wait for the kid to fall asleep and he has no idea that my B.F sleeps with us sometimes)
Both of them are very close, my kid doesn't seem to have any problems with the relationship whatsoever.
The thing is I don't know whether this is right or wrong, I love my kid and I also love my guy, we are always together and that's the way I want it to be.

Why is it so difficult trying to be a perfect mother and have a fulfilling live at the same time

Hmmm. Most kids don't sleep THAT soundly. Lucia and the others make good points. And as Shaun says, it's a sign of how good a mother you are, that this bothers you. COuld you guys look towards getting a snall independent bed for the lad ? And at least think through and prepare yourself for a question from him about what was happening the other night. He doesn't need all the biological details at this age, but for instance, a child can get the impression that something violent or angry is going on, rather thyan something about love.