Question

Am I unrealistic/wrong?
My husband and I have been married for 3 years and we have been together for 5. He was married before but due to the fact that he was cheated on, he is terrified that I will do the same to him. We love each other very much and love being together and sharing, probably more so than the average couple.

He constantly needs reassurance that I love only him. I understand this and try and reassure him as often as possible without getting annoyed/angry. We talk on the telephone 2 x a day and he questions me when I don't call. This results in me calling even though I have nothing to say.

I however drew the line when the excpected me to call him every morning when I get to work safely (a 30km drive away). He can not understand why I am not willing to do this, but it feels to me that I am being required to report the principal like a child. I know it is only because he cares and he want to know I am safe, but this just does not feel right! I just feel like somehow I am losing my own independant person. Am I being unfair?

You're not being unfair, he is. He sounds very insecure and in need of counselling --- maybe he'd find this more acceptable if you asked him to join you in marriage counselling ?