Question

Am I wrong?<br>Am I wrong?
My wife takes Ambien for those sleepless nights. Often keeping that from me. If she's not taking an ambien, she will drink 2 beers or 1-2 glasses of wine after work. She has recently said that things would be better without her, that she just wants to escape for a while. I am very concerned with this. Am I wrong to confront her about this, which I have, or just leave it alone? I fear she will become addicted to either pills or alcohol (her mother is an alcoholic) or she will do something more devastating. Any advice?

Confront might not be the best concept, if it implies something that sould be received as hostile ; but to confront in the sense of make it clear that you love her and are seriously concerned about her, then of course that makes excellent sense. My initial concern would be more whether she may have a Depression, causing the sleep problems, and which would be worsened by alcohol. Can yo0u persuade her to see a good local psychiatrist for a proper assessment and advice on treatment options ? And then I discover ... has said it all so well