Question

Amino Acid profile
Dear Doc, my GP has recommended that I have an amino acid profile done so that we can establish whether I have an amino acid imbalance. I suffer from depression and he thinks that it can also be linked to amino acid imbalances. These imbalances are then restored over a 6 month period. I don't really know anything about it. What is your opinion?
My health is a total mess at the moment: Extreme fatigue, very dry eyes that seem not to respond to anything, etc. It certainly isn't helping my depression. I had a major depressive episode earlier this year and I think that it combined with the anti-depressants could be depleting my vitamin levels, etc.

Dear Gloria
There are two amino acids that seem to be useful in depression 5 HTP and tryptofan. It is worth trying.
see also http://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/index.php?pr=Amino_Acids__Depression
Are you taking a good vit B co with magnesium and zinc?