Ask an expert

21 Jan 2009

Amniocentesis test
Im 38years old and 17weeks pregnant. Taking my age in consideration, I am worried that my baby will be born with abnormalities. I have approached the M.O.U. in Cape Town, but was told routinely the amniocentesis test is for women 39years of age or older. Otherwise I have to do it privately which is very expenses. Can you please recommend where I can have this test done for a reasonable fee.
Answer 469 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Worried

Unfortunately this is not a fertility question per say and I would ask you to please post the same question to the obstetrician and gynaecologist on the Heath 24 column for further advise.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9326 votes
67% - 18785 votes