Question

An I doing the correct exercises
Hi doc
I need your help desperately. Six months ago I started doing gym and lost a lost of cm (from size 40 to 36). That was the first time that I did anything in a gym and only join because I wanted to get firmer after losing about 50kg. About three months ago I increased my exercises by doing the following alternatively: Walking 6km a day of 3 is uphill and 3 downhill. In the gym I would do 30min of cycling ( 4min light and 1min heavy) alternatively. Situps and ab exercises about 100 between three types. Weight between 40kg and 75kg. Finally I would do 100 X abductor and 100 x adductor leg and bum exercises. Weight 30-40kg. My problem is that I have now picked up weight and with dieting I cannot lose anything. The other problem is that I have gone back to a size 38-40 in my jeans and I seem to have developed bigger thights and bums. My lower calfs are nicely developed. I have also stopped swimming in the last three months. What I am doing wrong and what should I carry on doing to go back losing my 7 kg and my lots of cm.

Please help as I am really trying

Hi Julia

Your exercise routine sounds fair, so the only other angle is your eating plan, since you can only gain muscle through exercise, not fat. If the extra weight is fat - this must have been gained through your eating plan. I don't recommend dieting, but rather optimal healthy eating. Often we think we are eating a balanced healthy diet, only to discover that there is much that could be improved. I strongly recommend that you write to Dietdoc , but even better, visit a Dietician for a thorough consultation to make sure your diet is as it should be.