Question

anaemia
I was diagnosed with anaemia about 6 weeks ago, had one injection, was given scripts for further injections and tablets-never took them, HB was down to 10.2 but is now up to 12.7 by adjusting diet. I have quite bad swelling in the legs, ankles,and my face, was given Unat. If I dont take this I swell, but am fine on the tabs. I was told the swelling was because of the anaemia. I dont want to take these tabs for the rest of my life, any suggestions?
momentum expert

Dear Ruth,
The reason for the swelling was maybe not well established. Swelling could be caused by heart problems and severe aneamia could cause heart failure but a low proteien level in the blood or kidney disease should also be ruled out. Ask your Dr to refer you to a physician for a good check out.