Question

Anal Discharge
Hi doc,
I know this is embarassing I''ve been seeing this discharge just before the stool comes. It makes a bubble sound, yesterday when I looked it was redish like there was a bit of blood in it. I get these abdominal pain when I need to go to the loo and the stool is gone thinner. My stomach is not comfortable at all. I am worried now what can it be???
Thanx in advance!
Cyberdoc

Hallo N
This is worrying as it could be an infection (bacterial or parasite) of the colon or even a sign of a polyp or growth like cancer. Please see your doctor - take a stool sample with: about 1 teaspoon full in a clean bottle inside a plastic bag. I think they need to send a sample to the lab as you may need antibiotics or anti-parasite medication. Your doctor may need to send your for further examination under anaesthetic if the lab test shows up nothing.