Question

ANEMIA
Doctor,

I have been feeling tired most of the time and have dizzy spells at times.Sister at the clinic suspected that i could be anaemic. She gave about 30 iron tablets which i took and finished. I am still not feeling myself even after these tables. How will i know if im really anaemic and how much iron tablets can one take?
Are there any tests that you recommend i should go for?

Thank you
Nana

Nana, one shouldn’t make the diagnosis of iron deficiency without doing the tests first as iron deficiency isn’t the only cause of anaemia. The best would be to have a full blood count and if you’re anaemic, you take it from there. Good luck.