Question

Anger and Rage
Lately, for the last, say 2 weeks I have been full of rage and anger and I have no idea where it comes from. Anything can set it off. The one minute I am fine the next I feel like I could kill someone! I also suscpect that I might have a brain tumour. I get these strange pains in my brain sometimes. It feels like someone is poking around in there with a fork and knife!

I am also depressed lately. I feel like I am loosing the war between Life and myself!!!

Does anyone have some great advice (anger management tips) how to deal with this rage and anger? It feels like I am gonna snap @ any moment!

Dear bloubal,
I'm feeling a bit of that rage myself, right now, as this is now the third time I've sat down and written a thoughtful reply to your message, only to have my cracking high-speed new computer system somehow lose the whole thing without posting it ! Here goes again !
You describe a recent onset of bothersome rage and anger, with nasty temper outbursts, easily aroused ; and some depression ; and some odd sensations in your head, along with the worry that you might be developing a brain tumour.
You need clarity as to the origins and detailed nature of these problems, as well as advice, based on a proper diagnosis, as to the bes way of dealing with them.
I recommend that you see a good senior psychiatrist soon, for a proper detailed assessment of the situation. Apart from the possibility of a brain tumour, which worries you, there are several other possible physical causes of such symptoms, all of which can be usefully helped. Only a proper physical and psychiatric examination can clarify what the matter is. And only then can one rationally select the best treatment(s).
Similarly, there may be purely psychological reasons for all these symptoms, which need similar assessment and planning.
In the meantime, remember the good old advice about Counting to Ten ? it makes sense. Try to recognize the sort of situations which commonly precipitate these rages, and see if they can be avoided. If not, try to recognize as early as possible when the anger is starting to rise, and try to move out of the situation --- either physically, by walking away some distance, after excusing yourslf, or psychologicall, by distracting yourself and insisting on thinking about something else, neutral and boring.