Question

02 Apr 2007

Ankle Contusions
What kind of strength training can I do while I am recovering from an ankle injury? Something that will keep weight off of my left ankle?

Hi there

It depends completely on the injury, because there may be exercises that worsen your condition or injury if you are not careful. ANd keeping the weight off may not be the best thing either, within reason. Obviously, you can't go and do all sorts of demanding exercises now, but some static weight bearing exercises are probably not a bad idea. Again though, this is very risky, and the last place you want to have exercises advised to you would be on this forum - you need to have them shown and supervised by a qualified physio or doctor, that would be the safest and best.