Question

Another chance?
Hi there,

I've been checking out the site and just decided that maybe i need some advice for someone i dont know and who doesnt know me, just to get an objective opinion...

My boyfriend and i have been together for approx. 2 years. Just recently things have become very bad between us and i have tried to sort things out with him but to no avail as he just doesn't hear me. This weekend i broke the relationship off, after he clearly showed me that he had no respect for me. Since then i've had nothing but tears, phone calls, pleading and begging from him for me to forgive him. He says that he FINALLy realises what an idiot he has been and wants the chance to make things work.. When is enough, enough? How do you give a person another chance once they've broken all their promises to you in the past. I just dont know if i can ever forgive him and trust him again.

He is very remorseful for what has happened and swears that he's changing his life for me. Do you think i should take the chance that i may be disappointed again? Or give him the benefit of the doubt, and let him show me that things could be different? My head tells me one thing and my heart tells me another...

Any advice or words of wisdom to help me make my decision?

I generally feel that giving another chance when it is under exactly the same circumstances as a bunch of previous "another chances" isn't often wise. Almost everyone deserves a second chance, but there may beed to be a limit on the number of second chances.
But if the regretful ex is prepared to join in relationship counselling, so there is now some mechanism via the input of an expert, to help get things right, it might be worth it.