Ask an expert

08 Jul 2010

Hi Doc

whats the best treatment for anovulation?
Answer 380 views
Fertility expert
Fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Polly

Before any treatment is commenced it would be important to find out why are you not ovulating, is it because of a high Prolactin level, is it because of an abnormal Thyroid level or is it because of conditions such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome. It would therefore be better to treat those medical conditions first to see if ovulation would then return or not. Generally Clomiphene Citrate is a tablet that is used for anovulation and if despite Clomiphene Citrate ovulation still does not occur then you would require injectable forms of medication that contain the hormone FSH. These drugs however should be taken with advise and control by a medical personnel.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17868 votes