Question

anti anxiety meds
Dear Doc,
I have a job from hell which is causing me a lot of anxiety and lately I have been feeling very depressed. My GP put me on cipralex 10mg in the morning as well as stresam 50mg 1 morning and one evening. I have been using lexotan one at night (3mg) just to get myself to fall asleep at night. It stopped working long ago and I refused to increase the dosage as I know benzos are habit forming drugs. I however continued using the 3mg at night, eventually falling asleep but should I not take it I would lie awake all night. Now in a nutshell what do I do? Leave the lexotan and take only what my doc prescribed or taper off perhaps half a lexotan with the stresam at night for now? Do you recommend something like aterax rather at night (used it before and worked wonders for falling asleep). I really am confused. Drink antidep and stresam in the morning (fine with that) but what do I take to fall asleep at night? I should be free of the hellish job after completing further studies, which will certainly open doors for me,but for now I need to cope. Please help.
Addictions expert
Addictions expert

Hi Sammy and thank you for your post.
It is important that you acquire stress management techniques as benzo's are highly addictive. We suggest making lifestyle changes such as Yoga, meditation and changing your job. As far as your medication regime is concerned we recommend consulting a psychiatrist who will review your medication practices in its entirety as it is very easy to become addicted to schedule 5 drugs.
Wishing you the warmest of regards
The Harmony Team