Ask an expert

18 Nov 2004

Waar kan ek anti-boost koop? Ek is vir my man wat altyd wil social en dronk by die huis kom!!
Answer 1,780 views

01 Jan 0001

If your husband has a real drinking problem, then he needs to see a skilled counsellor, and maybe take proper medicines which could help, rather than any of the ineffective over-the-counter remedies.
I think you're thinking of Antabuse, which needs a prescription, a medical check-up and cautious use, as well as proper cooperation from the drinker, as the reaction betweem Antabuse and alcohol can be not merely unpleasant but even, in some circumstances, dangerous. And there are alternative meds, but none work without full copperation from the drinker, and expert assessment and monitoring,
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.