Ask an expert

12 Jul 2010

Anti-depressants or seeing a professional
I''m struggeling in my marriage at the moment and not sure what will be the best - popping a " relax"  pill or visiting a professional person and talk my heart out...I''m have major trust issues and need something to numb a bit of my emotions.
Answer 401 views

01 Jan 0001

If, as it sounds, the problems are to do with relationship and trust problems, this can ONLY be properly dealt with by seeing a good psychologist for assessment and counselling. Medications would not help, and could be counter-productive. A "relax" pill to numb you is exactly what you don't need - it'd be like having an awful pain in your stomach and without finding out what's causing it or dealing with the cause, just taking pain-killers to help you ignore a problem that needs fixing
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18604 votes