Question

Anti Depression
I have beed on ZOLOFT for 2 yrs now and would like to wean myself off it or perhaps go on a herbal or generic substitute - it is very costly. I have reached a turning point inmy life in that I feel stronger although I an hesitant, can you suggest anything?

Antidepressed, Zoloft® is an excellent product and you should only stop taking it once you have been cured (2 years should be long enough). If you’re still depressed, changing to a herbal product would be a bad idea. Changing to a cheaper generic is an option to consider. If you want to change, no weaning is necessary. If you want to wean yourself off it, you should do so slowly. Take half a tablet every day for at least two weeks. You can than take half a tablet every second day for two weeks and then half a tablet every three days for at least two weeks. You can then stop taking them altogether. Good luck.