Ask an expert

15 Jul 2010

Antibody sperm treatment
Hi Doc,

My husband has been diagnosed with antibodies in his sperm.

What type of Corticosteroids can he take that will be effectively in reducing the production of antisperm antibody ??

Answer 368 views
Fertility expert
Fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Baby Feet

In general a low dose cortizone approximately 10mg daily e.g. Meticorten can be used but this should be combined with a sperm wash and insemination to improve the chances of conception.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9325 votes
67% - 18756 votes