Question

Antidepressants - use in SA
Good day

I am doing research and was wondering if you know what percentage of South African adults use antidepressants. Further to that, how many of these adults could be treated by non-medical prescriptions instead?
Your assistance is appreciated

I like to be helpful, but this is not information easily available to me, and it'd need a lot of hard work to get even estimates. This country funds very little research in mental health, so there are few surveys which would provide the sort of accurate information you'd need.
As to who might be treated in other ways, that'd need to be a guess or a guess in numbers based on personal prejudices. Personally, I favour psychologica methods like CBT which have been shown to be at least equal in benefits to atidepressants. There is far from enough good evidence of real effectiveness of "non-medical prescriptions" in terms of herbal and other remedies, especially for significant real properly diagnosed depression, and those with any effectivensss ( and many with none ) also have side-effects and risks