Question

ANXIETY FEELINGS -Makes my life miserble-chasing away my boyfriend
I feel horrible. physically and mentally. I have this "feeling" in my thoat and stomach, it's making it hard for me to breath. It's like an attack or something. My boyfriend has to constantly tell me how much I mean to him or that he still loves me for me to "relax" in our relationship. We have a long-distance relationship at the moment after living together for a year, and we have been apart for 3 months now. I feel so insecure I could just curl up and die!! He's aranging for us to be together again end of March. I'll be moving to Gauteng to be with him, but I am so scared that in the meanwhile something will go wrong. My whole life revolves around him. I realise that it's unhealty to be this way, but I can't help it. I don't want to ruin this for us. How can I believe my boyfriend and trust in his love for me. What can I do to stop feeling so insecure??? Please help me I can't go on like this...

Dear Whooz,
From the sound of it, you may well have developed an Anxiety Disorder, which leaves one feeling tense, apprehensive, unable to relax, with a range of sensations like feling short of breath, perhaps one's pulse racing, muscles tense, and so on. So, of course you need to go on, but not necessarily "like this" --- change the "like this". See a psychiatrist for an assessment, as there are a range of effective treatments for such excess anxiety, and when you are more relaxed and at ease, it will become much easier for you to cope, and to sort out your other problems or challenges, perhaps with the aid of a counsellor.