Question

any advice on various issue''s?
Maintenance/name change/my rights..my ex was retrenched about 8 months ago - he paid a little for the first 2 months and since nothing - he started his own thing at home so I know he is getting some money in, in terms of a retrenchement package he had lots of stories about if he was getting any...needless to say heused to only pay R2200 - schools fees alone are R3000, excl aftercare/extra muruals etc which in terms of our agreement he is liable for...
when I flew up to JHB Dec he told me how he goes to all sorts of rallys etc but his friends pay -MMM - cant believe that completely, his girlfriend was fired/contract eneded - who knows the real story at the same time as him and has not bothered to get another job (however I am not interested in her doings, she has nothing to do with the mainenance)
SO - after beign so nice and allowing him to get away with " murder"  as such for the last 4 yrs, what do I do?
There is no way he will come to CT to attend a maintenance court, and I can not risk my job by attending courts that I know he wont pitch up at..
Lastly he doesn''t even bother contact his son- I even offered that he can give me a missed call and I will call back for him to speak to my son (my son is 9)
Offered for him to give up custody last year, but he kicked up a big fight and said I was unreasonable...
There is no interest even in how my son is doing in any form...

Any idea how old a child must be to change his surname if he wants to?
(my curretn partner and I are getting married end of the year so my son may want to chagne his name, he is no fool and has realised his Dad doesn''t bother, which is really sad)

Any comments and advice are welcome please