Question

Any empaths out there that likes people?
Think today and speak tomorrow. Something used by most people to appear polite and friendly irrespective what they really think and feel.

What if you are an empath? You have to stare reality in the face without the social lubricant people use to get along. You can see / feel / hear what people hide and see them for what they really are. You end up on the wrong end of the stick for knowing to much all the time. Some woman seems to think you are "what every woman wants" and almost end up destroying you in the process.

After a while you tend to think of most people as children with a little bit of social skills, skills used to hide the fact that they are children. You don't want to socialize as the noise/feelings around you becomes deafening.

To cap it all you are also bipolar.

I am all of this. The questing is now very simple: am I suppose to try and like people? I really don't like most people. Is that wrong somehow? Is there a pill to make me like people? I know I am the problem for not been like other people, but it does get to be to much at times.

Anyone out there know what I am saying and found a way to deal with it?

FGM,
There really sound like issues it'd be very fruitful to explore in counselling. I suspec that you're far less different from other people than you think, and despite the plentiful supply of shallow and unpleasant people, there are many who are likeable. Maybe you need to explore your standards, which, unlike many folks whose standards may be inappropriately low, may be a bit inappropriately high ?