Question

Any idea?
I have been feeling somewhat tired and run down the past while.
From time to time I see 'stars' and feel a bit light headed but last friday I actually fainted and shortly thereafter was nauseus. For the next hour or two I could not get up because I would feel faint still. I noticed that the left half of my body (my arm in particular) felt a sensation of numbness which disappeared later that evening. The whole weekend I have been feeling 'eerie' as if I am disorientated. I have to sigh or breathe deeply to maintain my composure every once in a while.
I am 34yr old woman, 1.65m and 54kg. Could it be diabetes? Low blood pressure? A Generally I am very healthy and seldom if ever fall ill. I exercise weekly. A clue could be in my eating pattern or lack therof.... late nights and two to three glasses of wine per evening. Never used to be a problem before....
Please advise, it was a scary experience.

Jacqui, it sounds like it might be due to something like anaemia or low blood sugar. The best would be to see your doctor and to have him determine the cause and prescribe the correct treatment. Good luck.