Question

Any information regarding Kosaki virus
I would like to find out information regarding the kosaki virus. I am not sure if the spelling is right. My wife was diagnose with it and would like to see what is the life span symptoms and medication for this virus

Jatie, the Coxsackie viruses are a group of viruses that cause a host of different diseases. They are divided in two groups namely A (23 types) and B (6 types).
Coxsackie viruses cause the following syndromes:
1. Aseptic meningitis.
2. Bornholm disease.
3. Bronchitis.
4. Conjunctivitis.
5. Gastroenteritis.
6. Hand-foot-and-mouth-disease.
7. Herpangina.
8. Myocarditis (heart muscle inflammation).
9. Paralysis.
10. Pericarditis (heart sack inflammation).
11. Skin rashes.
As you can see, saying that you have Coxsackie virus doesn’t say much. Another thing is to make the diagnoses you have to isolate the virus or prove the presence of IgM antibodies. Usually we feel that you have to have a count of at least 320 for it to be significant as most people have been exposed to these viruses at some stage of their lives.
At this stage the topic of discussion is not what treatments should be used, but whether this diagnosis isn’t used as a “waste basket” diagnosis and that a lot of people are diagnosed with it due to a lack of insight/knowledge on the doctor’s part. It is now recommended that a whole battery of tests be done. These tests include a full blood count, Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate, ALT, total protein, albumin, alkaline phosphatase, calcium, phosphate, glucose, blood urea nitrogen, electrolytes, thyroid stimulating hormone and a urinalysis.
PS. She should avoid strenuous training until the symptoms have cleared up. Good luck.