Question

Anyone else working today?
I really don't want to be here. I'm here before my boss. My other colleagues either work from home, or they're on leave. So who wants to chat. BTW, I actually passed all my exams this semester (only barely) but its still a miracle since I couldn't study after coming out of the clinic - with my meds not being stabilized, mind like a sieve etc. Not like I got any distinctions though - but a pass is still a pass. Now going for next year - starting with my second 'year'. It actually feels like I'm getting somewhere.

Plus my brother and my cousin are now helping with the home renovations. Perhaps I can get them to bash that kitchen wall down too ;)

Hope you all have a great day!

Liza

Don't be too envious of those who work from home ; so do I ( from my professional office adjacent to my home ) so it's a one-minute walk to get to work. But as a result, you're in a sense always at work ! And as for being your own boss, well, some of us are far harder on ourselves than anyone else would dare to be ! With all the extra challenges you had on your plate this semester, you've done marvellously well to have passed all your exams this time round ! When I was studying, it seemed like it was important to try for distinctions ( and there's nothing wrong in trying for them ) --- but as I went through life and the profession, and especially later as a prof, I realized that absolutely NONE of the kids who got distinctions in exaqms ever seemed to actually distinguish themselves in real life ---- like all the kids we heard about who get 7 distinctions in matric. It's sad that generally that seems to be the absolutely highlight of their lives.
So you ARE getting somewhere. And if they'll help to work on that kitchen wall ( presumably we're certain it isn't a weight-bearing wall that'll bring down the roof with it ? ) --- well you can join in, as bashing down the wall might be rather therapeutic !
And i'm pleased to hear that someone else is working today. I'm still waiting for a "same day" premium service courier delivery from Berco, due here last Wednesday afternoon ! They called and asked if I wouldn't prefer Monday, instead. I wouldn't.
And to your addendum --- actually, I'm very pleased to hear that a problem like Bipolar is being formally recognized as a disability by the university, as I'm a keen advocate for Disability Rights.
Star, yes, doesn't it feel like a MOnday ? But, being on a hilltop, I can watch the main roads in the valley, and the traffic out there looks quieter than a Sunday.
Q --- good luck in the resits. And well performed me.
blackbird, ouch, that can be a troublesome lapse of memory. If all else fails, could you run over another warthog and persuade them that Roast Suckling Pig is a major luxury for a birthday ? Yep, never heard of a cheap teenager.
And Lonestar ! -- a laughing son is a marvellous accessory ! I wonder what game he has that's so enrichingly funny ?
Bee, sorry to hear of your argument with the tree. Hope you win in the re-match.
And everyone, it's not so bad --- think back to the quiet days at office BEFORE intervet and BEFORE computer games!