Question

Apologise For Length bt Need HLP
I have no clue where to go! SAPS will not assist us! They pretend as if we the ones making things difficult for ourselves or causing problems but the problem is this guy, they know him, they drive him around, he spends hours in their offices etc etc. Neighbours have said its pointless going to the police with re.to anything about him as they will not assist. We however did not believe this until our first dealing with them. They pretended they were assisting but actually they were not, declined or made thing difficult for us to open any case against him but when he went to them and made false allegations they gladly opened a case.

He got someone that tried to assist us locked up as he opened a false case against him. We went to SAPS explained how impossible and insane his story is and they said ‘  we just doing our job’ . I got so seriously pissed off with them and told them exactly what I thought and how corrupt they are but they just looked at me as if I’ m crazy.

When we left a police officer approached us outside and told us to just drop everything as we will not get anything right over there. He said we should just do ourselves that favour as the rest of them will make thing hard for us if we continue and we shouldn’ t tell anyone he told us.
We went to another police station and explained everything hoping someone would help but they just said they can’ t do anything as its not their area. Even if we open our cases there they have to forward it to our station.

The thing is our lives are in danger and according to them it’ s all ‘ allegations’ . At this point I am so tired of running up and down to the station hoping someone helps us but when we step in they already start giving us funny looks and just ignore us. Then I raise my voice to ask someone to assist and they give attitude. Everyone knows this guy and says he has always been friends with the captain as he has had many businesses and is used to drinking with them.

He has now reported his gun missing and I know the reason for this, he wants to use it on us or get other people to use it on us(this is not even paranoia). He told us he is going to get people to sort us out and that will happen in 3months because no one messes with him. We never even messed with him, he wanted to rip us off of 100k when we wanted to purchase something from him. He then came with stories about paying and receiving later and we said its fine we have change our minds.

He then said we messed up his plans, he needed the money and we had an agreement but he changed the agreement. We told him he’ s full of BS and we know he wanted to rip us off but then he threatened to make our lives miserable as we done to his…  He even accused us of owing him 100k and took this to the station when we complained about him. The first time we went to the police and we mentioned his name the one detective said ‘  Oh are you the guys that owe …  100k’  We said yes but its not true and he just smile, at the time we just thought he knew that guy was a lying jackass. He said its like its true and not even just an allegation like everything we go to report is to them. We told them if we really owed him money why hasn’ t he opened a case against us, why dsnt he sue us, he hasn’ t done anything about our supposed debt.

He comes across as a sane person, very believable even charming in the beginning and to whoever he wants on his side, educated and once successful but still puts that front up even though he’ s lost everything.

We do not know what to do know as it seems the only way is to just try to protect ourselves but we cannot watch our backs at every turn and how are we going to protect ourselves against a gun…  He also knows where our families stay.

In my experiences the SAPS has been utterly useless in every single occasion where we have tried to get help from them. And more and more people I know haredly even think of calling the police when a crisis occurs.
They are supposed to investigate "allegations" - that is precisely what their job is, not to wait for you to bring a proved case and a pile of evidence to their desk.
Go to the press and media ( TV news, e-tv, even international channels, Carte Blanche, and so on ). Write EVERYTHING down in detail with copies o any written or pictorial evidence you may have, and make multiple copies of this made ; have some copies placed with different people in different places, as well as having these available to give to the media. GO to the Mayor, and to SAPS national headquarters.
Also DO see a lawyer, giving him a copy of your documents for safekeeping, and getting his advice.
If your allegations are, in writing, in different hands, then it becomes far harder for him to harm you, directly or indirectly, without being the prime suspect.
Explore free legal help from the free law clinic of your nearest law school, and there are some human rights NGO's which might provide legal advice, too.