Question

Approaching hubby
hi. Have been married 8 yrs. When we first got married, I had no problem initiating sex. Did it all the time. But hubby would turn me down &  tell me there is a time for everything. He always made me feel bad &  as if there was something wrong with me.He didn''t even like being kissed &  that really turned me on. After a while, I just felt very rejected &  started to feel horrid for initiating sex.

It''s been 8 yrs now &  I still can''t get myself to initiate. I want to but I feel that he is going to think the worse of me. He just made me feel really terrible when we were first married. And I just get turned off by kissing. I just can''t do it anymore.

How do I get over this. I feel so inhibited now. I just can''t relax &  enjoy sex anymore. He still isn''t the type that gives hugs &  cuddles. And he has never asked me what I want. I always tel him how to do things,but he seems to just focus on his needs. I won''t even bother suggesting any counselling of any sort. He will be totally angry with me.

Please advise.

sexologist

Please consult a professional: the problem, you and your husband have, is deep-seated and over close to a decade. only a professional can assist both of you to identify and address the issue(s)