Question

Approximate time to lose weight&stay healthy
I need to lose 8KG, and would like to know how long would it take me if I'm on a low fat, low carbohydrate diet, and exercise 3 times a week. Usually I lose weight quite easily and fast,yet this time, on a healthy diet I can't seem to shake off the extra fat! I've been doing this for 6 weeks, and only lost 1.5 KG! Help!

Dear Mariette
One of the problems of repeated weight loss and gain, is that you may get into the yo-yo dieting cycle which makes it progressively more difficult to lose weight. Ideally you should be losing 1/2 a kilogram a week, as this type of slow and steady weight loss will help your body to adjust and prevent regain of the weight. It could be that you are eating too much or too little (in the latter case, the body shuts down its weight loss mechanisms because it tries to avoid starvation). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' to see an example of a low-fat, high-fibre diet and compare this with what you are eating and make the necessary adjustments.