Question

Are men Bastards?
Reason for my question: When I divorced my wife of 24 years I thought it only fair that she not be disadvantaged (at least not financially) by the parting of our ways. i walked out with virtually the clothes on my back and very litlle else which left her with a fully paid home etc. To top it off i am paying R5000 + p/m and will continue doing so for as long as i can.
I have now experienced that some guys,( not all of them mind you,) do everything possible to not pay a proper settlement or pay as little maintenance as possible. in this forum a lady wrote that she is getting R250 p/m for each of her kids. It is scandaous to say the least. Other real life experiences include professional guys plundering trusts that were set up for their kids by grandparents in order to impress the new woman in their lives and not wanting to pay the agreed divorce settlement to their exes.
What is wrong with us guys? Do we have so little respect for ourselves that we are prepared to hurt our own flesh and blood in our pursuit of a new honey?
Please tell me that the majority of us divorced guys are not a bunch of assholes

www, no, not all men are bastards, but those who are are usually so noticeable, that it seems like they're representative of the species. Some women are indeed another variety of B, but again, not all, though a little of the nasty sort can go a long way. And of course, one would expect that both species of B are likely to be prminent among the divorced, as their B-ness is likely to have been the cause of the divorce. Very few people are divorced for having been too adorable.
A parting can be affable or bitter, but volcano expresses it perfectly --- you should not divorce your children.