Question

Are there specific
Yoga classes for pregnant woman and is it safe to practice it when pregnant? If there are specific classes please let me know where in Durban and Western Cape. Would appreciate it!
Yoga
yoga

Hi Chan, many women find that yoga assists pregnancy for both the carrying period as well as the delivery so this is definitely a good move. I generally don't recommend starting a rigorous practice when you are pregnant (I'm not sure how far along you are) and the other option would be to seek out a specific prenatal class in your area as these classes are likely to be slower and easier to move into. As a general rule be careful of inversions and balancing postures (as much because of the danger of falling as anything else) and be sure not to place any pressure on the lower abdomen in twists or lotus position. Having said that it is also important to say that there is much diverging and contradictory advice and cautions about pregnancy within the different styles of yoga so always defer to your own body - after all part of yoga is learning to listen to it... I don't know of specific classes in your area but suggest Link Up magazine, Pregnancy magazines or your local classifieds or asking at local health stores.
All the best.
Chris