Question

arm
I have my right arm that gives me alot of pain.
About 4 years ago it started by paining from the elbow down.I did see a neuro. surg. and he did somet ests.
I have them in afrikaans so please excuse if I give the med. terms used on the resultes.
A motoiese geleidingssnelheid van die mediane en ulnere senuwees is bilateraalgedoen.
Vanaf die elboog na die mekskastenor indices proprrius was regs-42.6,regte een
en links 54.2.
I was then told to have an opp. but got cold feet and never saw the Dr. again then about 5-6 ago my arm started giving me so much problems. I can not hold anything or do light things at home.
The arm pains all day. Please could you tell me what caused it and is there some thing other then having surgery to heal it,

Miss Jones, it sounds like something is pressing on a nerve somewhere. The best option would probably be to get e second opinion from a different neurosurgeon just to make sure. If he says you have to an operation too, I think the best would be to have one. Good luck.