Question

Arms
Hi there

I am 1.6m tall, female, with broadish shoulders. My question is: Can I still do weight training, or will it enhance my broad shoulders. I am not overweight, but my arms appear big (not fat), what can I do to make it appear more feminine?

Hi Lynn

It may, the key is partly genetic, partly how you train. If you use lighter weights, and do more reps, then you avoid the bulking up effect, but every person responds differently, so even with this strategy, there is no guarantee about how you will respond.

So using lighter weights, more reps, is the way to go, but if you do feel that you're getting bulky, then drop the weight and maybe cut it altogether for a period. It shouldn't happen, but as I say, no guarantees. So the target is perhaps 3 sets with a weight that allows 15 reps per set.

Ross