Question

Aropax CR

Thank you for your reply about the trepeline and aropax. I just have a question. I will be phoning my pdoc today to find out, but since starting the Aropax CR 12.5mg in the morning, I have this odd burning like sensation on my skin. Feels like I've been in the sun too long. I don't have a rash or redness or anything.

I've had this type of reaction to other meds in the past too. (Certain anti-biotics and a pill called Stillnox and my internist advised me not to take them in the future). My question to you is this a known side effect of Aropax and will it go away? I'll hear what my pdoc says later today. The other question is if stress and depression make one more sensitive to medication?

I don't think this is a widely reconized side-effect of Aropax, but seems to be some form of reaction to the drug, and it is curious that you have had a similar unpleasant sensation as a reaction to other chemically unrelated drugs. I do think you need to discuss this with your pdoc, and let us know what he says. As jcat points out, this, like some other drihs, can sensitive the skin to effects of sunlight, too
Sress and depression are powerful amplifiers of pain and other unpleasant situations however they are primarily caused.