Question

Arsenic poison
I work in a museum where in the past the animal bones were treated with arsenic. As this is stored in front of my office I inhale this for the last 15 months.

A few month ago I started with swollen glands, a sore throat, terrible headaches, needles and pins in my fingers and legs, tummy cramps, all sorts of aches and pains.

I went to my doctor who suggested an arsenic poison test. It came back with the results as 26.3. On the results it stated that normally arsenic disappear within 4 hours out of your system. This test was taken 18 hours after I left the building.

I want to know whether I must feel concerned with this and secondly whether there is any treatment to remove the arsenic?

I do have hemochromatosis (too much iron) - so my body like to store things.

Many thanks

Suzette

Suzette, the symptoms may be due to the arsenic exposure, but also the haemochromatosis. I think the best would be to remove the arsenic from your office and to see a specialist physician a.s.a.p. Good luck.