Ask an expert

29 Jul 2011

My husband and I are 26, and everyone in my family suffers from Arthiritis in their hands as they get older.
His mother also suffers from it, and he often complains that his hands are sore.
What is the best, especially for my father, as he suffers the worst, that they can take?

And then more importantly, is there anything hubby and I, and our kids can take, to prevent or minimize this for us for oneday???

Thank you so much!!!
Answer 346 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Zee

There are different types of Arthritis, and best would be to have a Rheumatologist look at your father for a poper diagnosis.
Prevention (and treatment) may depend on the type of arthritis and treatment may differ.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9262 votes
66% - 17842 votes