Question

arthritis
i am 52 and have developed arthritis in my right hand. i have also now had trouble sleeping on both sides as my hip and shoulder keeps me awake with the pain. i have been put on 100mg x 1 per day of puricos. is this sufficient? I do take calcium, walk a lot and eat healthily.
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

Dear Bone
Puricos is usually prescribed to lower uric acid levels in the blood which can cause gouty arthritis- this does not affect the shoulders and hips. If you have not been referred to a rheumatologist, I suggest you see one as you may need other drugs like non-steroidal anti inflammatories.