Question

artificial sweetners
I read an article in a medical aid newsletter that artificial sweetners are not always that healthy to use as it is a chemical product which can cause headaches ext.

Is this true?

I am a diabetic and have been using canderel but have now stopped using it untill I can get a definite answer on this.

Thanx
Esther

Dear Esther
Any chemical compound such as an artificial sweetener has the potential to cause side-effects, but if you a) use this sweetener in moderation b) don't develop any side-effects, then you can certainly use it to make your diet more palatable.