Question

asthma
why is ti I can go for a few months without having an asthma attack, and all of a sudden I'm in
the emergency room suffering from severe shortness of breath. I do know its an attack since
I have had asthma since I was 12 years old, and am almost 50 now. It seems like everythime I
start to do better the Doctors on a Army base tell me I don't need anything except an inhuler.
Beleive me I have been on so many treatments. This last time I had four breathing treatments
three prednisone's and sent home with an inhuler and prednisone for 5 days. I have not had an
asthma attack in about 7 or 8 months. This is most confusing and alarming. Can you help me
understand this. Thanks for your time

Bec, from this side of the screen it sounds like you’re being “under treated” by your doctors. The best would be to request that they do a lung function test before and after bronchodilators. This will tell you whether you’re being treated adequately or not. Good luck.