Question

Asthma
I hope you can help.
I introduced my girlfriend to a sex toy that gives her intense orgasms which she loves. The problem is that just after she orgasms, her chest closes up as though she is getting asthma and she struggles to breathe for awhile after wards, but after awhile her chest clears and she can breathe fine.
She is a bit concerned that something is wrong. Have you heard of this happening before and is it normal?

Dear Concerned,

I do not have enough information to answer your question fully. I would need to know what sex toy you used and is your girlfriend an asthma sufferer or does she have any other medical conditions of the lungs, does she suffer with anxiety, including anxiety attacks?

Intense sexual exersion and the the increasing sexual response rate during sex does result in higher heart rate, and heavier breathing and an intense orgasms can intensify these reactions, yet what you are describing, i.e. that she struggles to breath and that her chest closes up is concerning.

I would suggest that she see a medical practitioner who can then undertake necessary medical examinations.