Question

Asthma and Eyes
Hi Cyberdoc
I recently came out of hospital having been admitted with asthma, sinus, bronchitis.I was and am being treated with prednisone (high dose), nexium 80mg pd for the reflux it causes, serevent changed from seraflo, asthavent changed from ventenze, canestan lozenges for oral thrush on voicebox.Usual meds are anqelique, cipralex.This morning I woke up and my vision was double.I could not switch off the alarm on my cell because there were 2 cells!then it went away.Could it be one of the drugs?I have had my eyes checked and they are perfect.I am just worried because my asthma went way out of control and my health is badly compromised at the moment.

Teresa

It is possible that the double vision is due to the combination of drugs that you are taking but I do suggest that you consult an opthalmologist to exclude any pathological cause.