Question

Asthma - use of cortisone and bruising on arms
I have had very bad asthma for the past six years, and on occasions given cortisone tablets and sometimes cortisone injections, which does help to relieve the symptoms. On occasions I get very bad bruising on the arms (blood just under the skin) Is there a connection. I do have DVT in the left leg and take a half tablet of wafrin on a daily basis. My age is 59 yrs

Alan, it’s much more likely to due to the chronic use of warfarin than the occasional use of cortisone. You can ask your doctor to do a blood test to determine whether you’re taking too much warfarin. Good luck.