Question

atelectasis
Dear Doc
Thank you for your reply about my question on an x-ray I had showing that I had atelectasis. My question is that I had written to you before about a problem that I have with pneumonia after every time I have a long haul flight. You suggested that I could have had a pulmonary embolism. Since then I had the x-ray to see if I had one and it came back negitive. Now I still have this pain in my ribs in my back and the x-ray showed atelectasis. Could they be connected? Why did the expensive x-ray that I had to see if I had a pulmonary embolism not show that the bottom part of my lung wasn't working? I must admit I didn't see the result of that x-ray, just relied on my doctor to tell me whether it was a problem or not.
Thank you for your advise.

Butternut, it’s difficult to say if the atelectasis is the cause of the pain, but it might be. Maybe the best would be to see a pulmonologist (lung specialist) and find out. Good luck.