Question

Athlete's foot?
Hi there Doc,

Could you please give me some expert advice.

My husband was suffering from athlete's foot. One day he wore a pair of my socks without my knowledge and after I had worn the same (clean) socks my foot started to itch tremendously.

I have been experiencing this for the past seven months. i.e. itching, redness, flaking, blistering between my toes which have spread to my instep. As soon as a blister appear I pop it with the result that the first layer of my skin at the instep have flaked away leaving a second layer exposed. I've used Mycota but this seems to only bring relieve and no cure.

Is there some other medication I can try and is this indeed athlete's foot. Or do I need to consult a doctor?

Thanx.

Lin, it does sound like it might be athlete’s foot. The best would be to get Lamisil® ointment from your pharmacist and to apply it twice a day for at least week. If it doesn’t clear up you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.