Question

Avascular Nercrosis
I am a 27 year old white male who has recently been diagnosed with avascular necrosis in both my hips, the left being more severe than the right. No collapse of the femur head is apparent in the MRI scan. I would like to know what treatments are available, what foods and drinks I should avoid and how many people are diagnosed in SA with the disease? I know causes for the disease is alcohol abuse (doubtful in my case) and cortisone treatment (I had Bells Palsy 2 years ago).

Dukesa, avascular necrosis (AVN) isn’t really a disease, it’s more a symptom of a disease. There are different causes of AVN including trauma, Perthe’s, arterial disease, etc. The best would to find out from your doctor why you got AVN and then we can try to answer your questions. Good luck.