Question

azoospermia
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years and just had all the tests done. My doctor said my husband has azoospermia as they didn't find one single sperm in his sample. We are in shock and would like to know from your experience what our options are from here. His hormone levels are all normal.

thanks
Tracy
fertility expert

Dear Tracy

The fact the hormone levels are normal bodes well for future fertility. the most likely cause of azoospermia would be obstructive and therefore sperm production within the testicles may still be occuring normally. In such cases a testes aspiration/biopsy may yield positive sperm which can be frozen and used in subsequent IVF/ICSI cycles with a good outcome.