Question

Baby in distress???
Hi doc I am currently on the preggie chatline, but would like some advise from you, I am now 20 weeks pregnant and I am worried about a green discharge, it is not smelly or anything but I heard that it may be that the baby is in distress? Like a one of the ladies on the preggie chatline had a friend who also had the green discharge and the baby had his umbilical cord around his neck, is it really something to be worried about right now. Thank you!!

I think you may be confusing this with the case where the membranes rupture and there is meconium in the liquor (the baby has dirtied itself in the womb), which may appear green. In most cases a yellow or green discharge indicates a vaginal infection.