Question

baby not eating
My baby is 8 and half months old, he's busy teething, he has cut through 5 teeth in the last two weeks and has been cross cutting, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with how he's feeling the last couple of days. He cut his teeth with no fever or runny nose etc. other than itchy gums. Then on Friday he had a raging fever and couldn't hold down his luch. During the weekend his fever was gone by Saturday but he was still batteling to eat he managed to keep his lunch down but only ate a little bit of dinner, his breakfast on Sunday all came up. If he eats almost his normal amount he would either start heaving or throw up. He isn't drinking as much as he should be but I do try make him drink even if it's just rooibos. He went to creche this morning and his caregiver said that he started heaving after two mouthfulls. I'm not sure where to turn at the moment or leave him another day or two. He's always a happy baby so I can't say how sick he is because his behaviour is normal. Someone told me their was a bug going around. Another thing is someone told me I can give him Energade drink to hydrate him and someone else told me it makes them hyperactive. Please adivse on that.
Many Thanks
Nicole

Nicole, if he is still sick by the time you receive this reply, you should take him to the doctor. It might be his tonsils, ears or even a stomach bug.
Energade® has about 120kJ and 7g of sugar per 100ml – enough to make some babies restless, but not enough to do serious damage if you don’t do it repeatedly. Rehydration solutions (Rehydrat®, etc.) on the other hand contain sugar and electrolytes and are a better option. Good luck.