Ask an expert

15 Oct 2009

Good day

I would like to know if there is any medication on the market that I can get over the counter for the cartridges in my back? The fluids in it is less than usual and it causes a lot of pain. Can you help? I dont have medical aid and would like to buy over the counter if possible without a prescription..

Answer 520 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Cathy
The only OTC medication that may help slightly is chondroitin ( e.g. Osteo-eze - but there are other brands at Clicks too) You can try it but it may not be enough. For pain you can try something like Neurofen anti-inflammatory if you don't have stomach ulcers or allergies etc - read the package insert first.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9321 votes
67% - 18654 votes