Question

Back ache
I wake up at night with terrible back ache. It is mostly on the right side around the flank area. I sleep on that side. I normally try to turn on my other side. I also find that I frequent thje toilet a lot at night. I never needed to go to the toilet during the night before my hysterectomy (4yrs ago). I still drink the same amount at night which is normally 1 cup of tea. I have also been suffering with a little bit of pelvic pain off and on. What could be wrong?

Zia

It is possible that there is a problem with your kidney and I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and an ultrasound of your kidneys. If it not your kidneys causing your symptoms, your doctor can consider doing an MRI of your lower back to exclude nerve impinchment of your lower back.